According to The Daily Wire:
“Mick Mulvaney, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, announced that the Trump Administration has discovered approximately $300 billion in federal spending in programs that have expired. This unauthorized spending has a real impact on balancing the budget.
The Trump administration has not yet announced a full list of the programs that are unauthorized, but a quick review of the 2018 budget found 11 programs that Trump is terminating because Congress has not renewed the program in some time.”
Some of the expired programs on which the government spent loads of money are:
- Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration ($251 million)
- Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Grants and Education ($217 million)
- Department of Health and Human Services, Community Services Block Grant ($714 million)
- Department of Homeland Security, Port Security Grants and Transit Security Assistance (approx. $218 million)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development, Choice Neighborhoods ($125 million)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development, Choice Neighborhoods (this program has spent approx. $150 billionsince 1974, without any measurable impact)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development, Indian Community Development Block Grant ($60 million)
These are just few of the fizzled programs. Despite the fact that the Congress is declining to reaffirm, there is still cash interests in them.
I figure this is the way our administration utilized our cash these years. In any case, now, we are fortunate this has arrived at and end. With our new pioneer these sort of spending will be cut off and America’s obligations will soon be secured.